College life can be really hard but also really fun, especially if you find a place to live where you feel comfortable and at home. A lot of times people think that if you want to live in a nice place during college, you have to pay a lot of money; however, now you can find affordable places that are pretty, and that offer a lot of nice things to make your college life more fun and comfortable. For example, you can look up places for UCM housing where they have a fitness center, pool, basketball court, etc.
Finding a Good Place
Choosing a very social and fun place to live is not the only thing you need to keep in mind. The following are a few tips on choosing a good place to live during college:
- Don’t just rely on online pictures; take the time to go see the place, and make sure is what you expect and that the price matches what the apartment offers.
- Ask the people who live there if they like it, and ask what they don’t like about it so you get an idea of what it is like to live there.
- Also ask what utilities are covered in rent and what utilities you will have to pay separately, so you know how much money you will end up paying each month, and so you can plan accordingly.
- Also, since you are going to college, make sure the place where you live offers good wireless Internet, since there are some places where you are responsible for getting Internet, and paying for installation.
- If you don’t really want to share a room with someone else, or you have a lot of stuff and you need a room for yourself, you should look into places that offer private rooms. Usually you can find different sizes for private rooms, and if you want a really big one, you can get it for a few dollars more.
- Location is also very important, especially if you don’t have a car. If you want to walk every day to school, try to find a place that is close by so you don’t lose time walking long distances. Or you can also find a place that is close to a bus stop so you can use public transportation every day. A lot of schools sell bus passes so you can commute for less money.
- Also, if staying fit is something important for you, consider renting an apartment at UCM housing where they have a gym and a pool so you can exercise without having to pay for a gym membership.